En Foco cordially invites all photographers of color, minority curators, cultural writers, and friends to attend Photographers Town Hall and Networking Meeting.
Date: Thursday February 2nd, 2017
Time: 6:00 – 8:00PM
450 Grand Concourse
Bronx, New York 10451
Purpose: Direct Funding for Photographers and Artists of Color
- Introduction to En Foco’s Fellowship Program for Photographers of Color
- An overview of the current funding climate for direct support of photographers and artists of color
- Will the new New York City Cultural Plan support artists directly?
- Is “trickle down” funding for artists through arts organizations sufficient?
- Alternative support models to be considered
Brief presentations will be presented on related topics.
Subway: Take the #2, #4, or #5 to 149thSt and the Grand Concourse Station
Bus: Take the #19 from 145th St (Manhattan) to 149th St & the Grand Concourse
Refreshments will be served.
To RSVP or have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
En Foco, one of New York metropolitan area’s leading clearing houses and supporters of photographers of color, proudly announces its Photography Fellowship’s five photographers that are representative of New York City’s diversity. Continue reading “En Foco Announces 2016 Photography Fellowship Winners”
Bronx, NY | July 2016 – Nueva Luz vol. 20:1, the revitalized and redesigned photographic journal from En Foco is now available in print and online. As with past issues of Nueva Luz, the magazine has illustrated the provocative, the avant-garde and the perspicacious photographic prognostications and philosophies from photographers of color who probe the heart of humanity through their lens. Continue reading “En Foco Releases Newly Designed Nueva Luz vol. 20:1 Spotlighting the Bronx Women’s Photo Collective”