APPLICATION OPENS: Friday, September 27, 2019 | 12:00AM
Deadline: Monday, December 16, 2019 | 11:59PM
En Foco Photography Fellowship 2020
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The fellowships will be announced late February 2020.
The 5th Annual En Foco Photography Fellowship is designed to support photographers of color who demonstrate the highest quality of work as determined by a photography panel of peers and industry professionals. The Fellowship will:
• award 10 Fellowships at $1,000 per
• include Fellows in a 2020 group exhibition
• feature the Fellows in the 2020 Nueva Luz publication printed and online editions
• provide professional development and networking opportunities.
En Foco is highly regarded for its leadership in support of photographers of color and for its advocacy role in addressing the issues related to cultural equity and access. As a result of this award, previous Fellows have had access to numerous opportunities beyond the fellowship.
WHO CAN APPLY
• Photographers of Latino, African, Asian American heritage, and Native Peoples of the Americas and the Pacific
• Must be a resident of New York City or New York State for the past year at the time of submission and show proof of residency
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Collaborating photographers are eligible to apply BUT only one photographer can submit the application
• Previous fellowship recipients must wait three years before they can reapply
• Photography for consideration must represent work completed after 2017
WHO CANNOT APPLY
• Graduate or undergraduate students matriculated in a fine art and/or photography degree program at the time of application submission
• En Foco’s Board members and staff are ineligible to apply
The Fellowships selected are based exclusively on the excellence and quality of the work submitted. All work will be reviewed by panelists selected from a pool of photography and photography-related professions, such as photographers, curators, critics, and collectors. Each year, new panelists are chosen to ensure a fresh perspective in the fellowship review process. En Foco’s Board of Directors will review the panel recommendations to assure the integrity of the process and formally approve the Fellowship awardees.
The ten Fellowship Recipients will be notified via email. Each recipient will receive an initial $500, with the balance to be given at the completion of the Fellows exhibition participation.
1. Create an account with Submittable.com.
2. A written description (no more than 400 words). Describe specific aspects of your work practices such as subject matter, context, content, location and personal relevance.
3. A one-page resume & 200-word biography.
4. A 200-word artist statement about your work.
5. 5-7 images (5 images are required, additional 2 are optional) Follow the sizing guidelines. We highly recommend that the works submitted are from a series.
6. Head shot (300 dpi jpeg only).
The application form does not have to be completed in a single session; the system will save your draft application. We suggest that you save often as you fill out the form, and that you save a copy of any narrative texts.
ABOUT EN FOCO
En Foco is a non-profit organization that nurtures and supports contemporary fine art and documentary photographers of diverse cultures, primarily U.S. residents of Latino, African and Asian Heritage, and Native Peoples of the Americas and the Pacific. Since it was founded in 1974, En Foco has been an outspoken leader and advocate for the equitable support and access to resources for photographers of color. It has a distinguished itself through its sustained commitment to providing its primary constituency and the communities they represent financial support, public programming, information services and cultural advocacy initiatives.
The En Foco Photography Fellowship Program is made possible with the generosity of an anonymous donor, with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council, New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature. Member of the Urban Arts Cooperative.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.