WHO CAN APPLY
• Photographers of Latino, African, Asian American heritage, and Native Peoples of the Americas and the Pacific.
• Must be a resident of New York City or New York State for the past year at the time of submission and must show proof of residency.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Collaborating photographers are eligible to apply BUT only one photographer can submit the application.
• Previous fellowship recipients must wait three years before they can reapply.
• Photography for consideration must represent work completed after 2015.
WHO CANNOT APPLY
• Graduate or undergraduate students matriculated in a fine art and or photography degree program at the time of application submission.
• En Foco’s Board members and staff are ineligible to apply.
The Fellowships selected are based exclusively on the excellence and quality of the work submitted. All work will be reviewed by panelists selected from a pool of photography and photography-related professions, such as photographers, curators, critics, and collectors. Each year, new panelists are chosen to ensure a fresh perspective in the fellowship review process. En Foco’s Board of Directors will review the panel recommendations to assure the integrity of the process and formally approve the Fellowship awardees.
1. Create an account with Submittable.com.
2. A written description (no more than 400 words). Describe specific aspects of your work practices such as subject matter, context, content, location and personal relevance.
3. A one-page resume & 200-word biography.
4. A 200-word artist statement about your work.
5. 5-7 images (5 images are required, additional 2 are optional) , Follow the sizing guidelines.
6. Head shot (300 dpi jpeg only).