Contact Email: Grants@enfoco.org
Application Opens: Wednesday, October 28, 2020
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Friday, January 15, 2021, 11:59PM
How to Apply Session #2 via Zoom
Click here to register
How to Apply Video
This video was recorded on December 8, 2020
If you have any questions email Grants@enfoco.org
Only Works In Progress submissions will be considered for the award. Completed projects are ineligible. Entries that are traditional Photography will not be considered. However, projects with other mediums and media that include photo-based processes will be considered. Entries may include but are not limited to:
- Film (Narrative, Non-linear, Genre Specific…etc.)
- Video (Animation, Documentary, Experimental, Contemporary Approaches to the moving image…etc.)
- Interactive/Non-Interactive Installation (Digital Painting, Digital Sculpture, site specific Installation Works…etc.)
- Multi or Mixed Media (Works using one or more medium, or process)
- Experimental Processes (Augmented Reality technology, Biomechanical processes, Alternative Processes, Earth Art, Virtual Reality Works,..Etc.)
- Sound Art
- Other (Any works using digital processes that do not rely solely on photography)
WHO CAN APPLY
- Artists of Latino, African, Asian American heritage, and Native Peoples of the Americas and the Pacific.
- Must be a resident of New York City for the past year at the time of submission and must show proof of residency.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Collaborating artists are eligible to apply BUT only one artist can submit the application.
WHO CANNOT APPLY
- Graduate or undergraduate students matriculated in a fine art and/or photography degree program at the time of application submission.
- En Foco’s Board members and staff are ineligible to apply.
- BronxNet Tv’s Board members and staff are ineligible to apply.
SUPPORT MATERIAL GUIDELINES
Support Materials should best represent the scope of the proposed projects, including samples of past work & current works in progress.
- Photos – 1-5 images, JPG only, describing the Work-In-Progress submission for funding consideration. File dimensions: No smaller than 3300 pixels on the longest side, File resolution: 300dpi.
- Videos – Video submissions should be .mov or .mp4 file format not exceeding 3 minutes, along with a brief description. Links to stream submissions are also acceptable.
- Sound – Audio submissions should be .mp3 file format not exceeding 3 minutes, along with a brief description. Links to stream submissions are also acceptable.
- Other – All text or non-photo, video or sound submissions must be submitted in .pdf file format, and include a brief description.
The five grant recipients will be notified via email. The recipients will each receive a $1,000 support grant, to be used at the artists discretion towards the completion of the submitted project. Selected proposals will be exhibited online, on the En Foco Website, and featured at the 2021 En Foco Media Exhibition and featured on BronxNet TV’s.
*Final Progress Interview: Recipients will be required to provide a brief statement and progress interview outlining the project’s development and what the support helped accomplish within the project – This will be due by October 2021. The recipients will each receive $750 dollars upon notification of the award with the balance of $250 to be remitted at the completion of your progress interview in October 2021.
- Create an account with Submittable.com.
- A project proposal (500-1000 words). Describe specific aspects of your work such as subject matter, context, content, location, personal relevance, and the anticipated completion of the work you submitted.
- Budget – outlining the total costs associated with the project, including which portion of the budget funding is requested for.
- A one-page resume & 150 – 200 word biography.
- A 200-word artist statement.
- Support Materials. *Please Refer to Guidelines*
- Head shot (300 dpi jpeg only) minimum of 5 inches on the shortest side.
The application form does not have to be completed in a single session; the system will save your draft application. We suggest that you save often as you fill out the form and that you save a copy of any narrative texts.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE: For questions about the guidelines and application process, please contact: Grants@enfoco.org
ABOUT EN FOCO
En Foco is a non-profit organization that nurtures and supports contemporary fine art and documentary photographers of diverse cultures, primarily U.S. residents of Latino, African and Asian Heritage, and Native Peoples of the Americas and the Pacific. Since it was founded in 1974, En Foco has been an outspoken leader and advocate for equitable support and access to resources for photographers of color. It has distinguished itself through its sustained commitment to providing its primary constituency and the communities they represent financial support, public programming, information services and cultural advocacy initiatives.
The En Foco Photography Fellowship Program is made possible with the generosity of an anonymous donor, with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council, The Ford Foundation, New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature. Member of the Urban Arts Cooperative.